There are more than 126 million blogs on the world. In 2009, on average, 90 trillion emails and 50 million tweets were sent every day. Facebook has more than 500 million users.
Aware of these data, it is no surprise that 92% of the American companies are planning to use social media to promote their products and communicate with potential customers. That shows that companies are not ignoring the power of the internet and social network websites.
According to studies, the most common activities that the companies are doing or planning on working are:
- 70% of the companies intend to keep a business profile on social network;
- 60% want to track mentions about the company or products online;
- 60% are planning to keep a blog;
- 53% prefer to track what their competitors are doing online;
- 51% want to promote their products or services through online media;
When it comes to measuring the results of online campaigns, 61% of the companies consider the increase on website traffic while 57% measures it by the number of contact with prospects and 42% by sales increases.
Source: Business.com’s 2009 Business Social Media Benchmarking Study; Royal Pingdom